By adopting your new best friend from ABRT, you’ll give an at-risk dog a new leash on life.
We’re committed to making every adoption a happy and successful one. We’ve put a simple, tried-and-true adoption process in place to make it happen. Because we are a foster home based rescue, the process might take a little bit longer than walking into a shelter, but once complete, the adoption will be truly rewarding and will come with education, training, and a lifetime of support from the experts at ABRT.
1. Make sure you’re qualified. You must live in Colorado to adopt from ABRT.
2. Complete an application. Fill out an application online or at one of our meet-and-greets.
3. Touch base with an ABRT committee member. After you fill out our application, you will be contacted by phone, text, or email by our adoption team within 2 weeks.
4. Meet the dog. If we feel that you might be a great fit, we will schedule a formal introduction to make sure everything seems copacetic.
The $250 adoption fee covers as much as $900 of care and services:
5. Get conditional approval by our committee. We’ll review all the info we’ve collected to this point and determine if we’re ready to move on in the process.
6. Pass a safety inspection. Receive a home dog-safety inspection from ABRT. Click here for hints on preparing your home for your new arrival. *** Note that all home checks are currently virtual ***
7. Take a class. Attend our mandatory, 1-hour Pet Awareness Workshop (P.A.W.).
8. Make it official. Review and sign the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee (typically this all takes place during the P.A.W.). All responsible parties must be present.
9. Welcome your new canine friend! It’s time to bring your new pet home.
10. Make sure it’s a perfect fit. After completing a 7 to 14 day trial period, during which time the dog can be returned to All Breed for a refund of the adoption fee*, All Breed office staff will call to schedule your free training session.
*Owners can return a dog during this trial period and receive a full refund of the adoption fee. After this period, we will not provide a refund, but we will take the dog back into our care if necessary (refer to individual contracts for more on this). It’s our goal to send our rescues to a home where the dog is considered part of the family, and where the family is willing to make a life-long commitment to the dog’s well being.
Preparing Your Home for Adoption
All Breed Rescue and Training © 2017
410 1/2 E Fillmore St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80907